Review:Global Keratin Hair Taming System with Juvexin - Deep Conditioner

So, why not start out with a little review on one of my favourite things, hair products. 

I'm not sure why I decided to try this treatment, I know that I was looking for a treatment with keratin when I came across this product. I do remember Sam Schuerman using one of the Global Keratin products in one of her hair videos (I think it might have been a leave in spray.)

The whole line comes in rather snazzy little bottles and jars and the packaging does look really nice. The jar of deep conditioner that I have is in a nice looking little glass jar with a screw top lid, so I don't mind leaving it out in the bathroom because it does look quite stylish! You'll see in the second picture, that the glass s actually a bit bigger than the product that's inside it. This does make it seem like you are getting a really large jar of product, when it's really less on the inside. It's slightly deceptive packaging, but it's still 7.5oz (or 200g) or product, so that's not too shabby! Especially considering this is a deep treatment, it's not something you would be using every day.

The product itself has a pleasant and not overbearing smell. It's actually an unobtrusive smell. Neither here nor there for me really. The texture is quite nice. It's thick, but it's not a really creamy or runny consistency. I like that thicker texture, especially because it's not something that you are likely to be using while you are in the shower. 

The instructions are to apply it after shampooing (with Global Keratin shampoo of course!) and to leave it on for 20 minutes with a cap on under heat. I decided not to do the heat part and just wrapped my hair up in one of those Turbie Twister type of towels with a big fluffy towel on top of that. I figured the heat under there would be enough to help the product penetrate (and I didn't really feel like sitting under a hair dryer for 20 minutes in 44°C heat!) I left this on for probably closer to 30 minutes and then just washed it out in the sink with cool water. 

I found that it rinsed out quite nicely and felt smooth and silky. It didn't feel like there was any build up that needed scrubbing out. Sometimes I find that treatment conditioners leave me wanting to re-shampoo my hair, but this was nice and smooth and felt like it washed out clean. 

While my hair was still wet, it definitely felt like it had been well conditioned. It didn't feel stringy or dry, and it felt like it was a bit stronger at the ends. While it was drying it didn't leave me with that crispy, frazzled feeling that I sometimes get (because I have colour damaged hair!)

Now that it is dry, it feels smooth and silky, but not too slick. It feels like I could style it straight away if I wanted to and not worry about the style completely dropping out. I really like this as a deep conditioner and I feel like you could probably use it a couple of times a week and see good results. I don't feel like it has left my roots feeling oily, so it could be good for people who do have oily hair, and I definitely like it for my dry, colour damaged hair. 

Definitely one product I will probably keep using a few times a week while I'm working on getting my hair in better condition and I would probably keep using it as a weekly treatment once my hair is feeling healthier again too. 

Next order of business is to try some of the other Global Keratin products!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts